Here are some things you should be aware of before you begin importing data to EZOfficeInventory:
1) The first step is to make sure that you’ve finalized the mapping of your excel sheet columns to fields in EZOfficeInventory. Take a look at the predefined fields with assets and inventory. If they are not sufficient, add custom fields from Items –> Custom Attributes.
2) There should not be any merged cells in your excel sheet.
3) There should only be one excel sheet in the file you’re uploading. If your items are spread across various sheets within the same file, split these sheets into separate excel files.
4) All dates should be in the mm/dd/yyyy format.
5) For yes/no fields e.g. Retire?, put yes against the assets that should be in a retired state when imported.
6) Asset Identification Numbers (if you’re using them) have to be unique. There shouldn’t be any repetition of an Identification Number in your excel sheet. Moreover, they should only contain Alphabets and Numbers (no special characters, spaces, etc.).
7) All names (except for locations) should at least be 3 characters long. If you have a vendor called HP, maybe call them HP Laptops!
8) When you’re uploading files, previewing an import, or creating records; do not refresh the page or take any actions there. This will ensure that the process completes smoothly. You can continue working with EZOfficeInventory in a new tab/window.
9) When importing inventory records, if you give quantity to be added to stock, the Stock Price column must be mapped.
10) When importing members, if you choose for them to be subscribed to emails, the Email column must be mapped.
11) Make sure you have only one excel sheet in your document.
12) Email addresses cannot be added in as hyperlinks.
13) Ensure that email addresses for existing users in your EZOfficeInventory account do not start with ‘mailto:’. This is an example of an email address that won’t be imported: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.