At EZOfficeInventory, we are committed to providing an unmatched support experience. Here’s how to get in touch:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog – https://blog.ezofficeinventory.com – great place to start off and read about our existing and upcoming features
- Feature Request – http://ezofficeinventory.uservoice.com – we want our community to be involved in helping us define the product roadmap. Placing feature requests here allow for others to view and vote on them
FAQs of EZOfficeInventory are listed below
Here are some things you should be aware of before you begin importing data to EZOfficeInventory:
1) The first step is to make sure that you’ve finalized the mapping of your excel sheet columns to fields in EZOfficeInventory. Take a look at the predefined fields with assets and inventory. If they are not sufficient, add custom fields from Items –> Custom Attributes.
2) There should not be any merged cells in your excel sheet.
3) There should only be one excel sheet in the file you’re uploading. If your items are spread across various sheets within the same file, split these sheets into separate excel files.
4) All dates should be in the mm/dd/yyyy format.
5) For yes/no fields e.g. Retire?, put yes against the assets that should be in a retired state when imported.
6) Asset Identification Numbers (if you’re using them) have to be unique. There shouldn’t be any repetition of an Identification Number in your excel sheet. Moreover, they should only contain Alphabets and Numbers (no special characters, spaces, etc.).
7) All names (except for locations) should at least be 3 characters long. If you have a vendor called HP, maybe call them HP Laptops!
8) When you’re uploading files, previewing an import, or creating records; do not refresh the page or take any actions there. This will ensure that the process completes smoothly. You can continue working with EZOfficeInventory in a new tab/window.
9) When importing inventory records, if you give quantity to be added to stock, the Stock Price column must be mapped.
10) When importing members, if you choose for them to be subscribed to emails, the Email column must be mapped.
11) Make sure you have only one excel sheet in your document.
12) Email addresses cannot be added in as hyperlinks.
13) Ensure that email addresses for existing users in your EZOfficeInventory account do not start with ‘mailto:’. This is an example of an email address that won’t be imported: mailto:email@example.com.
Plan on not using some fields in EZOfficeInventory? You can hide them and it only takes a few seconds.
Go to Settings –> Company Settings –> Advanced Settings –> Fields to hide from items. Enable this feature and choose which fields to hide.
Yes, custom attributes are searched through as part of the general search function.
This error is shown when the Excel file you are trying to upload contains more than a thousand rows. This applies even when the rest of the rows are empty. To fix this, highlight any rows beyond a thousand and click Delete, removing them entirely. Conversely, you could create a new Excel file and copy/paste the values.
You can setup a custom field of type ‘Date field (Alert)’ from More -> Custom fields -> Items.
Associate it with a specific group or all the future groups. Once created, you can then add the value for this custom field (date alert) from within the asset details page. You can set different date alerts for other assets.
So whenever a warranty is about to expire, you will get an email alert.
Also, if you set the custom field up as a recurring date alert, you’ll be able to manage repeated warranty renewals.
Note: You will only receive alert emails on the time set from Settings -> Company Settings -> Time for Alerts.
The search bar at the top will not give any results if search is performed on custom field value having more than 1024 characters stored under its value.
This applies to custom fields created for Items, Carts and Purchase Orders.