At EZOfficeInventory, we are committed to providing an unmatched support experience. Here’s how to get in touch:
- Email – email@example.com
- Blog – https://blog.ezofficeinventory.com – great place to start off and read about our existing and upcoming features
- Feature Request – http://ezofficeinventory.uservoice.com – we want our community to be involved in helping us define the product roadmap. Placing feature requests here allow for others to view and vote on them
FAQs of EZOfficeInventory are listed below
Instances like recording bulk item data against the wrong location, or when relocating a warehouse from one place to another – there’s a need to transfer stock quantity in bulk from one location to another and record it. This can create a complex workflow. For this, EZOfficeInventory enables you to transfer asset stock and inventory items in bulk from one location to another using the excel import functionality.
- To do this, go to Asset Stock Listings Page → Click ‘Import from Excel Sheet’ button on the right → Select ‘Transfer Existing Asset Stock’. This will take you to the import page.
- After uploading the file, you’ll need to map the following columns:
These columns should be present in your import file:
- Asset Stock#
Any of the above two can be present for bulk import.
- Stock From (Location name)
- Stock To (Location name)
- Stock From (Location#)
- Stock To (Location#)
In Stock From and Stock To columns, both or either of the two can be present i.e. Location name or Location#
- Price / unit*
- Total Price*
- Comments (Optional)
*If you have both Price/Unit and Total Price defined and present, precedence will be given to Price/Unit.
- Hit ‘Preview’ when done.
- Hit ‘Transfer’ if the preview is good to go.
- Please ensure that there is enough quantity present in ‘Stock From’ location column when moving quantities from one location to another. An error will pop up if the import for a specific stock quantity isn’t successful.
- If a ‘Stock To’ location name or location# isn’t defined in the import file, and you have enabled ‘if not present, create location’ option, the transfer will not be successful for this item. Name such a location as ‘no location’ in your import file for successful data import.
Things you need to know!
- If a location (only Stock To location) isn’t present in your account, you can choose to create it when mapping the columns (as shown in the ‘Map Columns’ image above)
- While importing bulk transfer stock data, you can map only one of the two i.e. either location# or the location name in Stock From and Stock To columns. If Location name is mapped, location# will be disabled and vice versa.
As explained above, you can follow the same steps to transfer inventory stock in bulk from one location to another.
When importing or exporting Locations in EZOfficeInventory, either of the two columns can be mapped i.e. Location Path or Nest Location Under. You cannot map them both simultaneously during an Excel Import or Export.
What’s the difference between Nest Location Under and Location Path? Let’s take these two as examples (NY/Bronx/EastAndersonDrive and NY/NewYork/FosterAve) and break down the difference for you.
In the Nest Location Under, you can define a location as the Parent Path. So as per the above examples, you can map NY/Bronx or NY/NewYork as your parent paths. Later, you can Nest Locations Under these paths.
While for the Location Path, you can map trails or streets that lead to a certain parent location. This completes the path including the location name.
From the examples mentioned above, EastAndersonDrive or FosterAve can be your Location Paths. You can map these as EastAndersonDrive or FosterAve which can then be nested under parent locations i.e NY/Bronx and NY/NewYork, making them complete paths: NY/Bronx/EastAndersonDrive and NY/NewYork/FosterAve.
In other cases, you can also import or export locations without mapping these two columns.
Read more: Importing Locations in EZOfficeInventory