At EZOfficeInventory, we are committed to providing an unmatched support experience. Here’s how to get in touch:
- Email – email@example.com
- Blog – https://blog.ezofficeinventory.com – great place to start off and read about our existing and upcoming features
- Feature Request – http://ezofficeinventory.uservoice.com – we want our community to be involved in helping us define the product roadmap. Placing feature requests here allow for others to view and vote on them
FAQs of EZOfficeInventory are listed below
There are four ways to log in to EZOfficeInventory:
- A standard email-password combination
- Using your Google Account
- Using your Microsoft Account
- Using SAML Single-Sign-On (SSO)
Each of these options can be disabled or enabled by the account owner from Settings –> Company Settings –> Policy –> Authentication. However, at least one login option is mandatory.
To change the default currency label from USD to another, go to Settings –> Company Settings –> Company Profile.
There is an option in EZOfficeInventory which enables businesses to customize some of the action button labels from Settings → Company Settings → Custom label. This enables businesses to rename the action button labels that best describe them for their employees. You can customize labels for Add Stock, Transfer Stock, and Sale buttons that appear on the Asset Stock and Inventory items’ detail pages. For example, Remove Stock for Sale button (see image below).
How can I customize the columns on my Asset/Asset-Stock/Inventory listings, or the thumbnail view for the same?
Follow these steps:
1. Go to the item listing (Items -> Asset/Asset-Stock/Inventory)
2. Select the List View on the left.
3. Make sure the Compact View button is not pressed (if it is, click on it to de-press it)
4. Scroll to the right and click on the 3 vertical dots — the Customize Columns button.
5. You can now customize the columns to your preference. Use the dropdown menus to specify the column (including custom fields), click on the trashcans to delete a column, and add columns using the Add Column button. When finished, press Save.
6. You now have a listing with columns customized to your preference.
The thumbnail view also shows data regarding the item, using the first 4 columns from the list view. So customizing the list view will also reflect in the thumbnail view (to 4 data-points):
1. Go to Name -> Settings -> Company Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Fields to Hide for Items.
2. Enable the setting, choose the fields to hide (and the item type), and click Save Settings.
The ‘export to CSV’ feature is currently available for the following areas of the system:
- Asset Stock
– To export data from Reports to a CSV file, there is an export icon on the right side of every report (see image below). Click on the button to export your data into a CSV or PDF file. You can also upload them to a dropbox account.
– To export data from Asset Graphs to a CSV file, click on the export icon shown on the right side (see image below). Click ‘download CSV’ to save the chart/graph or save it to print later. You can also save these graphs in a PNG, JPEG, PDF, and SVG vector image format.
– To export data from the Items’ listing pages e.g. Asset Listing Page, click on the export button shown on the table headers (see image below). A dialog box will appear to save it to a CSV file. The method is the same for all the areas mentioned above.
Note: For Locations, this option appears under each location separately.
– Click on the ‘export documents data’ text (see image below), which you can then download to a CSV file. All the downloadable links to your files will be in this CSV file.
To change the language, you first have to enable the translator from Name -> Settings -> Company Settings -> Company Profile -> Language Translator and save the setting.
Once saved, you’ll spot the language switch dropdown menu at the very bottom of each page. Additionally, once enabled you can also choose the language during the account sign-in screen.
Note: the language change is algorithmic at the moment and may not be 100% accurate. It also does not affect any of the printouts (labels, cart printouts, etc)
What it covers?
- Check items in and out
- Reservations module
- Availability Calendar and Dashboard Calendar
For more, visit:
You can change the way items are displayed in EZOfficeInventory from the viewing options on the left of your Item Listing Page:
There are three types of ways/views you can display Assets:
- List View: Lists down all your items. You can also customize the columns in this view. To learn more, click here.
- Thumbnail View: Shows the images of all your assets along with their asset #, name, group, availability and AIN.
- Compact View: This option combines all the assets with the same name. This can be turned on/off for both the List and Thumbnail view.
Similar to Compact View on Assets, there’s Location Stock View on Inventory and Asset Stock, and Current Checkout View on Asset Stock.
Location Stock View on Inventory and Asset Stock Listing Page
Location Stock view shows stock quantities by location instead of showing one total quantity per item. Users can view stock quantity at each location of an inventory/asset stock using the location stock view on inventory and asset stock listing page. See image below:
On turning on the location view, below is an example of what you would see:
Current Checkout View on Asset Stock
This view shows you all the stock that is checked out. Each stock checkout is listed separately in this view.
You can increase the page size from Settings → My Settings → Misc → Maximum records per page. Note the maximum amount of items that can be displayed on one page is 100.
How to troubleshoot this error “Attachment has an extension that does not match its contents” when mass importing your dropbox images via excel import in EZOfficeInventory?
To fix this error “Attachment has an extension that does not match its contents” when mass importing images via excel import functionality in EZOfficeInventory, do the following:
You need to make minor tweaks to the shared links (created via DropBox share option) for your display images. The image’s shared URL must end with ‘?raw=1’.
Note: The end must not be missing ‘raw=1’ OR contain ‘dl=0’
See the following example:
Change image’s shared URL from:
We allow our users to customize the size of a column in the listings page by setting up its character limit. To do this, do the following:
– Scroll to the right of the table on any listings page and click on the 3 vertical dots — the Customize Columns button.
– You were already able to customize the columns to your preference. Use the drop-down menus to specify the column (including custom fields), click on the trashcans to delete a column, and add columns using the Add Column button. Now, you can also change the character limit for a column.
When you click the 3 vertical dots, the following dialog appears:
– When finished, press Save.
You can only change the character limit for columns that show alphanumeric values in the listings page. Date and numeric fields are not included. This customization is allowed on all listing pages if the 3 vertical dots are visible.
Also, admins can set this customization as default for the new users. The change will not take place for existing users who already have customized their listing view.
EZOfficeInventory supports the Wacom Intuos Pen Tablets for capturing electronic signatures. This enables more convenient signature capture to make the verification process smoother.
Here is everything you need to set up electronic signatures using Wacom Intuos Pen Tablets on EZOfficeInventory:
- Prepare your Wacom Intuos Pen Tablet (Recommended Model: Wacom Intuos (CTH-690))
- Plug the USB cable into your tablet and computer
- Download and Install Driver for MAC and Windows here
- Restart your computer and follow the instructions to set up your Intuos Pen Tablet
- Download Software for your Wacom Intuos Pen Tablet.
Once you have your hardware and corresponding files installed, you can start using Wacom Pen Tablet for electronic signature captures on EZOfficeInventory.
Please note that the Wacom Pen Tablet will only work if the ‘Capture Signatures’ Add On is enabled. If you haven’t already enabled ‘Capture Signatures’, go to Settings → Add Ons → Capture Signatures. Enable the setting and then enable all the workflows you want to set up signatures for. You can check the “Enforced” option to make signatures mandatory for a workflow.
Capture signatures for the enabled workflows! Every time a user adds a signature, it will be uploaded to the “Documents and Images” section of the relevant item.
How To Fix Wacom Tablet Pen Not Working on Windows?
Scenario: The pen does not work properly and draws only dots when you drag the pen to capture signatures.
You may face this issue when using the Wacom Tablet Pen on Windows for EZOfficeInventory. It happens because of Windows Ink being enabled. To fix this issue, follow the following steps:
1) Open Wacom Tablet Properties
2) Select the tab named ‘Mapping’
3) Uncheck the ‘Use of Windows Ink’ checkbox.
After following the above steps, you should not face this issue again.
If you go to your EZOfficeInventory Dashboard, there will be a ‘Get ICAL URL’ button right below the calendar.
- Click on the button and copy the ICAL URL.
- Go to your Google Calendar, and select “Add URL” from the “Other Calendars” dropdown.
- Enter the URL but change ‘http’ to ‘webcal’ and hit enter to import an active calendar.