At EZOfficeInventory, we are committed to providing an unmatched support experience. Here’s how to get in touch:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog – https://blog.ezofficeinventory.com – great place to start off and read about our existing and upcoming features
- Feature Request – http://ezofficeinventory.uservoice.com – we want our community to be involved in helping us define the product roadmap. Placing feature requests here allow for others to view and vote on them
FAQs of EZOfficeInventory are listed below
There are four ways to log in to EZOfficeInventory:
- A standard email-password combination
- Using your Google Account
- Using your Microsoft Account
- Using SAML Single-Sign-On (SSO)
Each of these options can be disabled or enabled by the account owner from Settings → Company Settings → Authentication. However, at least one login option is mandatory.
Computers only understand addresses in numbers, such as 10.10.10.1, etc. On the other hand, humans prefer words over having to remember numbers (such as www.ezofficeinventory.com over 184.108.40.206).
Mapping these words to the addresses (IP address) of computers is done using a DNS (Domain Name Server). DNS uses a distributed architecture, which means that the DNS server that we use is likely different from the one you use, and is different for nearly everyone with a different ISP (Internet Service Provider). ISPs generally have their own DNS.
If your ISP’s DNS does not have an entry for a domain, and you type it into your browser, it goes out and asks other trusted Domain Name Servers on the internet and then saves the value locally. Sometimes, this step fails and your ISP’s DNS just breaks when getting the IP address. This is when you are shown this error message.
1. Screaming at your ISP to fix the issue 🙂
2. Use a VPN – on Chrome, there is a great plugin called Zenmate (and it’s free!). Get it here.
3. RECOMMENDED: Set up an independent DNS on your system. A number of ISPs do not have the best Domain Name Servers and Google (as well as a few others) are trying to fix it by helping people bypass them. You can use either Google’s service OR the one from OpenDNS.
You can add another layer of security to your EZOfficeInventory account by activating the ‘Session Time-out’ feature. It is helpful in scenarios where you want to prevent your account from being misused by someone else. For this to work out, go to Settings → Company Settings → Advanced Settings → Session Time-out Policy → Click ‘Enabled’.
Set up the inactivity duration after which the session expires and you are logged out of the system, as shown below:
Note: Inactivity duration for session time-out must be between 5 minutes to 1 year.