EZOfficeInventory assigns an item # for every item that you add to your account (also referred to as asset # and inventory # depending upon the context). The first item that gets added is #1, the second is #2, and so on.
We’ve also designed a special field called Asset Identification Number (AIN) for businesses who have their own sequence numbers.
Some key features:
- AINs are unique for every item.
- You can type in @ followed by an AIN in the Search Bar to go directly to the details of the relevant item and take the necessary actions.
- AINs can be used for barcoding (Read More).
- Your item listing can be customized to show AINs instead of the Item #.
- Items are also referenced by the AIN in all alert emails.
If you have more than one serial number to refer to an item, you can always add a custom field of type ‘Text’ (Items -> Custom Attribute). These custom attributes also appear in the search results.