A QR Code scanning hardware can be used with EZOfficeInventory in your PC/Mac browser.
To configure EZOfficeInventory:
1) From Settings -> Add Ons, enable ‘Cart Module’
2) On the same page, enable ‘Barcode Reader / Hardware Integration’.
3) Also check the option for ‘Enable lookup based on time delay of input, useful for quick scans.’
4) Save the settings
To configure your scanner:
1) Make sure that the scanner is HID and can interact directly with your Mac/PC as an input. The scanner connection with your computer can be based off of USB or Bluetooth
2) Open a notepad/document and scan an EZOfficeInventory generated QR Code. It should appear on the notepad. The format is: https://demo7.ezofficeinventory.com/assets/1/asset_mobile_view?code=c10f
3) Make sure that there is not line break with the input. This means that if you scan the same QR Code twice, it should enter in the same line. If the second scan appears on the next line, it means that the scanner is putting Enter/Return after the sequence it’s scanning. Use the scanner’s manual to see how to get rid of the suffix. There should be a QR Code/Barcode in configuration options with a name similar to ‘Suffix Off’. Scanning it should remove the Enter/Return. Do the scanning test with notepad again to see that there are indeed no suffix or prefix with the QR Code being scanned.
Using the scanner:
1) The scanning area is Cart. To list items by scanning, go to the cart
2) Click Add Items field and start scanning
3) Give a small pause of a second to ensure that the QR Code has been read
4) Scan as many items as you want. You’ll see them being populated in the Add Item field as you scan
5) One you’ve scanned the required items, hit the Add button
6) You can then any action on these scanned items
If you’d like to learn more about the best practices and recommendations for using QR Codes, please click here.